Saturday, May 23, 2009

A night off (finally!)

I've been so crazy lately! It seems as though, this week, if I wasn't at JP events, I was working for my dad, and if I wasn't working for my dad, I was doing photographs of and helping with the ballet classes at Magnolia Hills. annnd when I wasn't doing any of those things I was probably staying up until 2am writing e-mails to vendors and getting my ideas together for my "Event Inspiration." I also posted my first blog entry for the company this week, which I will be doing on thursdays until the end of my internship. I am also gearing up for another week of driving back and forth to philly almost every day. But I enjoy it. I can honestly say I really love what I'm doing, even though it's not exactly "exciting" yet, its exciting to me, and I think the key to finding something that excites you, that you love to do and would do in your free time, even if you weren't doing it as a career, and you can turn that into a career, I don't know...I think that's pretty cool to me.

Anyyyway. So for my post on the company blog this week I talked about Etsy! I recently became aware of the fact that...there are actually people out there who don't know what Etsy is, which is just craziness to me! For those of you who don't know, and don't feel like reading my post for the company blog, explaining it, I'll give a quick overview. Etsy is an "online marketplace for buying & selling all things handmade." They have everything from clothing and jewelry to handmade stationary to ceramics and pottery. The paper-goods section of this site is particularly one of my favorites. Screw hallmark, these artists know how to make some beautiful cards, stationary, journals and everything else. They even have an amazing section devoted specifically to all things wedding (what geniuses!). I'd love to give a "holla" to some of my favorite sellers on this site. PistachioPress makes some of the most gosh-darn beautiful letter pressed invitations, stationary and other things in a modern, yet elegantly chic style (and she's the nicest and most helpful person too!). If you're in the market for a bouquet then take a peek at Emily Woottons work. These bouquets are simple, but absolutely breath-taking. If you're looking for something modern with a kick of fun then don't hesitate to look at the Grouchy Chickpea's Design shop. I especially love her Glass Rim Butterflies which look like too much fun!

Well, I'm wrapping up here for tonight, but I have been thinking lately. I think I will mostly be using this blog to talk about things I'm learning at my internship, ideas and inspirations, and I'd also like to talk more in depth about the subject of buying local, that I'll also be discussing on the company blog.

all right! thats it for me tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment